Hot to Trot Places

Subject: Hot to Trot Places
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:54:04 -0400

Steven Warren <Steven_Warren/USG -at- USGROUP -dot- COM> writes

>Where do you think the hottest places for technical writing >are?

I'd add Vancouver, BC. The amount of work available here is astonishing.

Traditionally, the area hasn't had many large companies. That's
changing, but still mostly true. What the area does have is dozens of
medium-sized companies and hundreds of small companies.

I don't know, but I'd speculate that the reasons have something to do
with the proximity to Redmond (150 miles) and the importance of the
region for Canada's trade in the Pacific.

Also, of course, we're the closest thing to California that Our Lady of
the Snows affords :-)
--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"Humpty-dumpty was pushed>"
--Tommy Sands