OFF-TOPIC: What is this called?

Subject: OFF-TOPIC: What is this called?
From: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- ICONTROL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:48:14 -0500

Please point me to the word or term, or a resource for finding the word or
term for those painted boards that they often have at oh, say carnivals and
tourist traps, where there's a cut-out where you're supposed to put your
face, and then have someone take a picture of you in the painted scene??
You know, they'll have a big painting of some hunky guy and some really
curvy woman, and the places for their faces are removed--you stick your face
there and get a picture of what you'd look like with the cartoonish bodies??

Sorry for the off-topic post; I'm writing captions for a web site and can't
find a way to describe this.

Please reply privately to me ... don't want to tie up the list with this


Patty Ewy
pewy -at- icontrol -dot- com

TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at

Previous by Author: Standardization for non-documentation documents
Next by Author: New methods
Previous by Thread: Re[2]: Tech.Writing Internship [Ref:C841208]
Next by Thread: Paper for proposals

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads