Re: PageMaker printing problems

Subject: Re: PageMaker printing problems
From: Gurudutt Kamath/Technical Writing Centre <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 07:20:17 +0530

Hello Dianne,

Just trying to be helpful until help arrives or you actually do the rash
act of phoning PageMaker support!

The white stripes could mean there is a toner problem. Try taking a test
printout, it should give you some ideas. Similarly, if you try taking
some test printouts from the printer and with other documents (say one or
two pages), you might be able to relate the problem to mundane things
like printer memory chips having konked out, printer memory not
sufficient, a scratch on the roller or drum, etc (rather than demons).
Do you really feel it is a PageMaker problem? Have you tried printing
with Word, etc and seen the results.

Hope your problem is solved quickly. Best wishes from India!

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
Go http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
for column on Documentation, Internet, etc.
Technical Writing Centre, Mumbai