Word Format Overrides - Thanks!

Subject: Word Format Overrides - Thanks!
From: "M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 16:39:20 +0100

Hi.

Thanks very much to all who responded, either to the list or privately.
A few people suggested all kinds of tricks with search-and-replace, or
reassingning styles. I had tried all of that to no avail. I think the
way Word insists on keeping manual formatting overrides even if you
assign a different style to the paragraph is quite absurd.

However, the answer to the 64000$ question was: (drum roll) CTRL-Q
removes directly applied paragraph formats from the selected text,
CTRL-SPACE does the same for character formats. So the feature actually
exists, but I couldn't find it in two hours of studying the online help
and the big tome they make you buy extra if you want documentation.

Mike Dannenberg
midannen -at- si -dot- bosch -dot- de
ETAS GmbH & Co.KG