Winhelp out of Frame

Subject: Winhelp out of Frame
From: "M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:27:11 +0100

Hi.

We're currently moving our documentation from Word to Frame and I've got
a question regarding conversion of Frame files to Winhelp. Currently the
lads are using a DIY solution to generate their Winhelp (or rather the
rtf file from which the help file is compiled) from Word. This involves
converting Word styles into footnotes with the appropriate format,
inserting page breaks, etc. They (the developers) have written a couple
of macros and are quite happy with their setup.

Now they want to be able to do the same stuff in Frame, so here's the
question: is it necessary to come up with a proprietary converter, e.g.
develop the stuff they now do with macros with the Frame FDK, or is it
possible to do this with tools like Robohelp? I would like to e.g.
covert all paragraph tags called heading1 into help topics, or
automatically insert a page break above each such heading.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike Dannenberg
midannen -at- si -dot- bosch -dot- de