DTP Shootout - Interleaf 5 and 6

Subject: DTP Shootout - Interleaf 5 and 6
From: Barry Kieffer <barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 11:59:09 PST

Lets fan the fire, shall we?

At Tektronix all of the TWs (40+) and most of the engineering
staff (100+) use Interleaf 5 and Interleaf 6.

We use it for the demand print feature.

Interleaf 5 is a monster! It exceeds the features of Frame, and
the other small PC applications.

Make no mistake, Interleaf 5 is a pig. It is slow, and you have got
to know what you want to do, the commands are obscure at best.

Our Interleaf 5 runs on the yuckyest UNIX ungooy uninterface I
have ever seen. No WYSIWYG here.

It makes me remember the long ago days when I had to use WILBER as a
text editor.

Oh, and did I mention, Interleaf 5 is SLOW!

I just wanted to fan the fire.

Barry Kieffer
Technical Writer
Tektronix Corp.