Re: Making group work palatable

Subject: Re: Making group work palatable
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 07:53:05 -0600

>I'd create a
>project where they needed to actually find a real "client" (preferably a
>non-profit organization or charity) and create a usable piece to the
>client's "specs."

This is a good idea. I did this once in a class, though we didn't go out
and find real-life clients but used each other as clients. The teacher
picked someone for us to be both client and customer at the same time. I
found out what my client wanted and tried to fulfill it and at the same
time another classmate came to me and I made specifications for that
person.

We got to see both side simultaneously. It wasn't a group project really
because we were working one-on-one _and_ were doing all the actual work
ourselves. It was a really good experience.

Eric Haddock ------ http://personal.pitnet.net/moonlion (temporary URL)
Engage Networks, Inc. -------- http://www.engagenet.com
Technical writer in Milwaukee, WI

My dream: falling sugar instead of snow this winter