Re: Making group work palatable

Subject: Re: Making group work palatable
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:54:44 -0800

Mary Massirer wrote:

> My technical writing students are griping about the collaborative work we're
> doing at the end of the semester.---snip---

Do they have the facilities to get screen shots and incorporate them into their
"group" report?

Can the "group report" be changed to a "group presentation" with PCs hooked up so that
the sites can be demonstrated in person to the class? One possible detriment to this
is that web sites change (hope that it doesn't between the time they research and the
time they present). This way there is a group presentation with the individual
reports as you specify now.

Or let them pick and choose the concepts they liked from each of the 3 sites to create
a site (1 or 2 pages for each group member) for a fictitious company/organization that
they get to create.

Just some ideas...

--
Kim Keegan | keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
http://www2.explorers.com/~keegan/