Re[2]: Web Publishing from a Database (#115401)

Subject: Re[2]: Web Publishing from a Database (#115401)
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:34:00 -0600

The difficulty will come in when I have to map and translate the HTML
(and in the future, raw SGML) into some proprietary print format like
PDF. Don't suppose you can tell me how to do that, can you?

Saw a product recently that built .PDF files on-the-fly from databases. One
suggested use was for 'net delivery of catalogues, where the content of the
cataloque could be specified by the requestor via a web form. Company name
has packed up and left my memory, but I remember linking it in my head with
SmallTalk, so it could have been DigiTalk or ParcPlace.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224