Re: Web Publishing from a Database (#115401)

Subject: Re: Web Publishing from a Database (#115401)
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 08:14:18 -0800

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 07:38:15 MST, wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM wrote:

>I've checked out this site, and it looks like it handles at least one element
>that I'm looking for. I'm also experimenting with Access 7.0 (ptui) to build
>relationships between document fragments and sections and hope to use CGIs to
>call these up to a web page.

Yowzerz... have fun! :-)

>The other piece is that I have to be able to
>compile fragments into a single flat file for printing. So far, this part has
>been esay. The difficulty will come in when I have to map and translate the HTML
>(and in the future, raw SGML) into some proprietary print format like PDF. Don't
>suppose you can tell me how to do that, can you?

Something like Ghostscript works well to build raw PS files. Dunno
about automating PDF creation though.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

They shoot without shame / In the name of a piece of dirt
For a change of accent / Or the color of your shirt
Better the pride that resides / In a Citizen of the World
Than the pride that divides / When a colorful rag is unfurled
- Rush, "Territories"