Re[2]: Screen sizes for Web pages.

Subject: Re[2]: Screen sizes for Web pages.
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 08:15:00 -0600

Just a note of clarification: the 216 color palette is a Windows thing, not
a browser thing.

When Windows is set for 256 colors, there are a total of 40 palette slots
used by it for its own colors. No other OS is so greedy for color space.

This doesn't change the fact that when designing web pages you should keep
in mind this limitation. Just don't attribute it to the broswer folks, when
it's really the system's fault.

Also, remember that different systems use different gammas for video
displays, so a picture that looks good on one system may look quite dark on
another.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224