Re: Humor/Tech Support

Subject: Re: Humor/Tech Support
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 09:33:58 -0800

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 12:45:22 EST, Walter L. Bazzini wrote:

>>>1. Compaq is considering changing the command "Press Any Key" to
>>>"Press Return Key" because of the flood of calls asking where the
>>>"Any" key is. <<

>See, that's the wrong approach (read: it makes sense). The RIGHT way to
>approach the age old "any key" dilemma is to simply begin manufacturing
>keyboards with a key labeled "Any" which would have the effect of, well,
>striking -- excuse me, gently depressing -- any key when this situation is
>called for, and no effect under any other circumstances. Perhaps it could take
>the place of Scroll Lock or Sys Rq.

The other problem with "Press Return Key" is that very few PC keyboards
have a "Return" key; at least on most of the ones I've seen, it's
labelled "Enter". Last "Return" key I saw was on my Commodore 64.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

Living in the limelight, the universal dream, for those who wish to seem
Those who wish to be, must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination, the real relation
The underlying theme...
- Rush, "Limelight"