RE Funky RoboHelp Bullets

Subject: RE Funky RoboHelp Bullets
From: "Frost, Jonathan" <frostj -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 12:40:50 -0500

>Robert Barlow-Busch asked:
>I'm hoping someone else on the list has encountered this; Blue Sky
Software
>has no idea what to do. "It shouldn't happen!", tech support bashfully
told me.
>I'm creating a Windows help file for use in a 3.1 environment. I'm
>authoring in Windows 95, using RoboHelp 95. The problem: when I run the
>help file on 3.1, all my bullets are tiny little lower-case "n"s. This
>doesn't happen when I run the file on a Windows 95 machine.
>Blue Sky has no idea what's causing it. From what we can both tell, all
my
>software is configured properly. It seems to me that the problem is with
>the character sets used by 3.1 and 95.
>Before I seriously tackle this problem by experimenting with my bullets,

>figured I'd see if anyone else has encountered it.

I do not generate help for Win 3.1 environments, but I had a similar
problem with bullets for Windows 95 Help Files. I contacted customer
support and was told that the problem was a bug in the Microsoft Help
Compiler that occurs when creating compressed help files. (I do not know
if there is a patch.)

The bullet problem went away when I followed customer support's
recommendation to turn off the Hall compression and use only Zeck
compression.

I hope that this helps.

Jon

Jonathan Frost