Re: Procedural Steps II

Subject: Re: Procedural Steps II
From: TIMMERMAN <timmerma -at- IPDLINK -dot- IPD -dot- ANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 13:40:53 CST

Margaret Packman asked,

How should I number steps within longer procedures. For example, I
have one procedure to document that's 47 steps long. I realize that
the obvious answer is for the engineers to make the procedure shorter,
but until that happens, I have broken it down to smaller chunks of 3-5
steps, with an header describing the overall step.