Re: Procedural Steps II

Subject: Re: Procedural Steps II
From: Bruce Nevin <bnevin -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:09:44 -0500

Faced with similar problems, I have broken the stuff up into a series of
numbered procedures. Then I made xrefs to Step 3 in Procedure 5, "Configuring
the Left Fremis Sistahw" (including the procedure title for clarity).

The particular beast I have in mind was a good illustration of the maxim
that anything so difficult to document needs to be (re)designed.
This may be a thought to pursue in your case too.

Calling the superordinate thing a step, using the same word as for the
steps in it, is not a nice thing to do to your reader.

Bruce