Re: Procedural Steps II

Subject: Re: Procedural Steps II
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 13:39:45 -0800

Margaret Packman wrote:
> [...]

My first reaction at the example was to modify your numbering scheme:

First you need to install the Framis.

Step 1: Install the Framis
1.1 Type thing 1. Something happens.
1.2 Type thing 2. Something else happens here.
1.3 Type thing 3. Still anothe thing happens here.

After you have installed the Framis, install the Dohicky.

Step 2: Install the Dohicky
2.1 blah blah blah.
2.2 bl-blah blah blah

I didn't like "Step One" with "Step 1" as a sub-step. If you don't like the 1.1, 1.2,
1.3 format, what about a,b,c or 1a, 1b, 1c or some other variation?

Good luck.
--
Kim Keegan | keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
http://www2.explorers.com/~keegan/