Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 6 Oct 1996 to 7 Oct 1996

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 6 Oct 1996 to 7 Oct 1996
From: Amos Jessup <jessup -at- VISICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 21:22:37 -0800

Mike Ingram wrote:
>My company is planning to purchase a couple of dictionaries...nyone have any
>additional suggestions ...?

I am a strong supporter of the Large American Heritage combioned wiht the
smaller OED. Between them they offer a complete history of usage and
etymology going back beyond the horizon. I believe that an in-depth focus
on the root concepts behind a word make one's grasp of it stronger, surer
and more accurate by several powers of 10.

This is for general language and usage.

Amos

Amos H. Jessup
jessup -at- visicom -dot- com
"Creativity...is imagination in pursuit of excellence".