Re: ISO 9000

Subject: Re: ISO 9000
From: Steven Connell <rand3 -at- HAVEN -dot- IOS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 14:54:57 -0700

Another humble opinion on ISO 9000

I think that many American companies see ISO 9000 as Europe's attempt to
lock American companies out of the EC. After all, ISO 9000 was based on
an already existing British standard. I think American companies
initially saw ISO 9000 as a requirement to get into Europe. But now,
hopefully, we're seeing it as a way to make ourselves more efficient, and
hence, more competitive.

Steve Connell