Re: Credits in books

Subject: Re: Credits in books
From: David Somers <David -dot- SOMERS -at- ST -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 11:39:58 +0200

Alexander said:

Perhaps the same ones I would refuse to put my name in a manual: Liability.

This way users only have one person to sue: The manufacturer.

To prevent misunderstandings: I wish to be proud of my work. I like to keep my
customers through high-quality work. But I would like not to stand in court
whenever possible. And according to European product liability legislation, a
user can sue anyone who was involved in manufacturing and might be liable for
his damage. If he sues me, *I* have to prove that I am *not* guilty.

When your customers sign-orf a book don't you get them to accept all and any
liability and so take you out of the legal loop?

Later,

David Somers
david -dot- somers -at- st -dot- com
(usual discalimer - speaking for myself and not ST)