credits in books

Subject: credits in books
From: joanne grey <j -dot- grey -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:15:16 -0700

David Somers wrote:

> For a lot of internal documents, the QA history is a good place to
> 'hide' the credits-type information <g>.

Well, in lieu of writing credit, I use myself/husband/friends whenever
possible in screen shots. My non-geek type friends get a real kick out
of seeing their name in print as an "example". (Of course, I have their
approval beforehand.)

It's not quite the same as credit, but it does make it easier to
recognize your involvement in the manual.

Joanne Grey Senior Technical Writer
j -dot- grey -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net Standard disclaimers apply
joann -at- genesyslab -dot- com http://www.genesyslab.com

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller,_The Open Door_ (1957)