Periods After Whole Numbers

Subject: Periods After Whole Numbers
From: "Donald T. Robertson" <drobertson -at- NM-US -dot- CAMPUS -dot- MCI -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 09:09:35 -0700

Greetings all,

My supervisor insists on putting periods after whole numbers. For
example, he writes "200. kg" rather than just "200 kg". I find this
rather weird; I'd not seen this usage before coming to work here. I
asked him if a lawyer had recommended it. He replied that he *thought*
so, which tells me that he got it from folklore somewhere. (I've been
corrected so many times over the last 2-1/2 years that I've given up
trying.)

Has anyone else seen this usage? Is there a legal reason (i.e.,
recommended, or dictated, by a lawyer) for doing this?

Thanks in Advance.

Don Robertson
drobertson -at- nm-us -dot- campus -dot- mci -dot- net

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-