Need Help on Preparing Quote

Subject: Need Help on Preparing Quote
From: NANCY KAMINSKI <NKAMINS1 -at- FAIRVIEW -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 08:54:22 -0600

I have been asked to bid on doing the desktop design, typesetting and
layout of four 12-page 2-color advertising supplements for an engineering
professional association.

The association would provide the advertising and scans--this is strictly a
design/layout job. They want design comps and then final films.

This would be the first job of this sort I have ever done (my experience is
in writing and editing; I do the layout for 2 lowscale newsletters as well). I
don't know how to bid on this!

Can any of you give me some idea? The association doesn't pay much (I
edit books for them at a rather low rate) and my inexperience would
dictate a lower rate as well. However, I would love to get this business
for the experience it offers (looks good on the resume, too!)

What would a bid look like? HELP!

Thanks in advance, Nancy Kaminski