Re: Need Help on Preparing Quote

Subject: Re: Need Help on Preparing Quote
From: Gail Bergan <gbergan -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 13:36:50 -0500

NANCY KAMINSKI wrote:

> I have been asked to bid on doing the desktop design, typesetting and
> layout of four 12-page 2-color advertising supplements for an engineering
> professional association.

> What would a bid look like? HELP!

> Thanks in advance, Nancy Kaminski

Most desktop publishers I know in the Houston area charge by the page,
and I've heard anywhere from $35 to $75 per 8 1/2 X 11 in. page,
turnkey. Kind of depends on how much color and how difficult the
layout is, whether the scans are provided, etc. You will have to judge
what is appropriate for your area and your client. I wouldn't drop my
prices too much because of inexperience--it will only take one or two
issues and you'll know the design and procedures well enough.

Good luck,

Gail Bergan