Re: Calling New Zealand!

Subject: Re: Calling New Zealand!
From: Susan Jones <suej -at- ANNAMAY -dot- BBN -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:03:32 +0200

------------------------------
Hi,

you're right, sometimes the list can seem a bit much to handle.

I use the exmh tools' presort feature to handle it. When I incorporate the
mail into my mailbox, presort automatically puts the incoming mail into
various folders that I have set up, and puts the rest into my inbox. The
folders containing mail change colour, so I can see where I have mail to read.
But it means that I can see which folders contain mail I may have to read
immediately, and which contain mail I can read at my own leisure.

Good luck in Aucland.

> I have just joined this list but I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with it -
it
> seems very active - it'll take me half the morning to go through the messages

> How does anyone else cope? (I suppose one could expect writers to write lots
of
> messages?)
> I'd be interested to hear from any members in New Zealand as I am going to
> Auckland on Friday 23rd to search for a job.
> --
> Regards
> Sue Dale

> To send a message about technical communication to 2500+ list readers,
> E-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send administrative commands
> ALL other questions or problems concerning the list
> should go to the listowner, Eric Ray, at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-

__?__
/ ^ ^ \
( (o) (o) )
**oOOO***************OOOo**********************************************
Sue Jones
HP NSMD Boeblingen LP Lead

Phone: (+49)-7031-142426 Internet: suej -at- annamay -dot- bbn -dot- hp -dot- com
Fax: (+49)-7031-143263 or: susan_jones -at- bbn -dot- hp -dot- com
Telnet: 778-2426 Mailstop: EF30 G3
.oooO ( )
( ) ) / "Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit"
\ ( (_/
\_)