QUERY: UNIX man pages

Subject: QUERY: UNIX man pages
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <mark -at- MEMCO -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 12:53:05 +0200

Can anyone point me to a good explanation (preferably
on WWW or ftp) of how to write UNIX man pages? I have
material about troff/nroff, and I have material
about what subtopics a man page should cover, but
I think I need to know stuff that is peculiar to the
man page compiler. We find that it is automatically
attempting to put a "Last change" date into the man
page footer, and failing. We don't know how to
declare the date of the last change so that
the compiler will recognize it.