Ventura Publisher 7.0

Subject: Ventura Publisher 7.0
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <gfhayhoe -at- SCESCAPE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 00:53:50 -0400

Like a number of TECHWR-Lers, I'm a long-time user of Ventura Publisher
(despite Xerox's and Corel's best efforts to kill the product in the
past 5 years). So I was delighted to read a review of the beta of
Ventura 7.0 (yes, they skipped release 6) in the August issue of WINDOWS
magazine.

The review is rationally enthusiastic, though I know that some of the
information it contains is incorrect. However, it claims that the new
Ventura will support publishing in virtually any form you can imagine:
print, HTML, SGML, CD-ROM, Acrobat, Replica, and Envoy. No word as to
whether it will finally support MDI (allowing multiple documents to be
open at the same time).

If anyone on the list has seen the product and can comment on it without
breaching nondisclosure agreements, I think there are many of us who'd
like to hear about it.

--George Hayhoe