Interface help needed...

Subject: Interface help needed...
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 16:44:54 EST

with interface design, so I hope you can help me answer a question (I'd hate
my status as "Interface Goddess" to slip (deserved or not, it's a fun title!)...

The question posed me is: If a set of defaults exist for a module, and are
settable from a Defaults window available off the menu, do they have to be
available elsewhere in the interface (e.g., another menu selection), as well?

My gut instinct is "no." That's the purpose of defaults, after all, right? But
then I got to thinking there might be a "rule" of some sort regulating this,
though I could find no reference to the topic in the OSF/Motif style guide, nor
The GUI Style Guide by Susan Fowler and Victor Stanwick.

If you have a suggestion/answer, please forward it on to me personally, so as
not to clog the list.

Thanks.

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN