[no subject]

From: Shannon Kelly <shannonk -at- LEHMAN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:55:49 EDT

I need to establish a procedure for converting large numbers of documents
created with various software packages, e.g., Word, PageMaker, QuarkXpress,
Excel, Lotus, FrameMaker, IslandWrite, to HTML for our Internet site.

The FrameMaker converters I have used (WebWorks and the FrameMaker 5 HTML
Converter) are not trivial to use. Is Internet Assistant still the choice for
Word to HTML? How about PageMaker and QuarkXpress to HTML converters?

Instead of using these HTML convertes, has anyone thought of using anything
like a translator to divide the document into chunks of text, add hypertext
links, and basic HTML tags for headlines, paragraphs?

Your opinions, experience, and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Please respond to shannonk -at- lehman -dot- com or to the list, if you feel this is
of general interest.

Thanks in advance,
Shannon Kelly

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net