Re: Intercom April 1996

Subject: Re: Intercom April 1996
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 07:16:00 PDT

I agree whole heartedly. Although I don't really mind someone rehashing our
discussions for the benefit of those who aren't on the list, I most
definitely think the source of this information should be documented and
major contributors given credit. The "authors" might even go so far as to
ask someone if they mind being quoted.

Where is the Intercomm editor in all of this?

We share a lot of valuable information with each other. We do it openly and
freely. However, if you want me to respect your work, make it your work,
not mine.

Marilynne
At 11:36 PM 4/9/96 EST, Joyce Flaherty wrote:
>Text item: Text_1

> I just received my Intercom April 1996 STC magazine.

> Although I always read the STC technical communication
> journal, I seldom read the magazine. Today I did.

> As I read, I had the feeling I was reviewing summaries
> of recent threads on the list--for example, documenting
> off-the-shelf computer products, savvy technical
> communicators.

> I doubt this is a fluke. I might even suggest that the
> content of the April issue belongs more to this list
> than it does to STC, even though the intent is "to
> provide practical examples and applications of technical
> communication that will promote its readers' professional
> development."

> As I said, I seldom read the magazine, so perhaps my
> observation is more conceived than real. Still,
> something seems awry.

> joyce flaherty
> flahertj -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com

Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com