Intercom April 1996

Subject: Intercom April 1996
From: Joyce Flaherty <flahertj -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 23:36:39 EST

Text item: Text_1

I just received my Intercom April 1996 STC magazine.

Although I always read the STC technical communication
journal, I seldom read the magazine. Today I did.

As I read, I had the feeling I was reviewing summaries
of recent threads on the list--for example, documenting
off-the-shelf computer products, savvy technical
communicators.

I doubt this is a fluke. I might even suggest that the
content of the April issue belongs more to this list
than it does to STC, even though the intent is "to
provide practical examples and applications of technical
communication that will promote its readers' professional
development."

As I said, I seldom read the magazine, so perhaps my
observation is more conceived than real. Still,
something seems awry.

joyce flaherty
flahertj -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com