Re: Word & WordPerfect info

Subject: Re: Word & WordPerfect info
From: Margaret Packman <mpackman -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 10:18:16 -0700

I switch back and forth and have trained people to use both packages. The
hardest thing for most people to get used to is that when you use
WordPerfect you can "toggle" commands on and off, but when using Word, you
have to *select* the area you want to format before you can do anything to
it.

You don't say which platform you're using, but in Word 6 for Windows, you
can turn on help for WordPerfect users, and even turn on options that will
let you use certain WP commands and key combinations.

And I definitely agree about the Reveal Codes feature, although turning on
all of the viewing options and clicking on the little paragraph key helps a
little.