Re: British English in _tech writing_

Subject: Re: British English in _tech writing_
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:31:10 -0800

>I said that the hood/bonnet stuff was _irrelevant_ to tech writing.

Correct me if I'm wrong (needless admonition), but as I remember it, the
original poster (from somewhere across the briny deep) complained about not
being able to find things in indexes, because US indexers didn't put things
under categories that across-the-briny-deep readers would be likely to
search for them under.

I'd find examples of that situation quite helpful. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC