Re: Windows Help Decompiler

Subject: Re: Windows Help Decompiler
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 07:00:00 EST

At 02:12 PM 3/18/96 -0800, you wrote:
>I have recently inherited the support efforts of some of our in-house
Windows software, and I
>would like to update and edit the help files which are already compiled
into .HLP files. The
>original sources have been lost and I have an authoring too which will
allow importing of .RTF
>formatted files. Do you know of any utility or process which will convert
the compiled .HLP
>file into a source preferably an .RTF file?

Yep. RoboHelp has such a decompiler, as does Doc-to-Help. I've used D2H's
and it works. But my favorite is written by Olson Software in New Zealand.
It's been awhile since I needed it, so the software is gone from my system
and the name is gone from my memory. Jog over to
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp and leave a message for Olson, if you
want to investigate that package.

Tim Altom
Vice President
Simply Written, Inc.