Re: RE>Word weirdness

Subject: Re: RE>Word weirdness
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 17:12:35 U

Subject: Time: 17:05
OFFICE MEMO RE>RE>Word weirdness Date: 2/6/96

I will take Word weirdness over FrameMaker weirdness any day. Disappearing
graphics, an application that suddenly notifies you that it is out of memory
is going to quite RIGHT NOW, anything you'd care to save? text and graphics
that overlap each other for no apparent reason, mysterious flickering
characters, the constant need to refresh the screen to see what is there
clearly, spell checking that highlights words that aren't visible on the
currently displayed page... Need I go on? FrameMaker has some very useful
features, but it has a lot of problems as well. I wish people would stop
praising it to high heaven and instead tell its new owners at Adobe to fix
this damn thing before someone else comes along with a better DTP for long
documents. Word has a lot of useful features that FrameMaker would do well to
copy.