Re: Framemaker Weirdness

Subject: Re: Framemaker Weirdness
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:32:27 U

RE>>Framemaker Weirdness 2/7/96

And how about a couple more things like outlining (what kind of word
processing application for long documents doesn't have that feature?!), a
repeat command, and the ability to see a graphic's scale as a percentage of
the original instead of always 100%.

We should forward these ideas to Adobe.

As far as OS problems go, I don't believe that problems I have in FrameMaker
that I never have in any other application are the result of the MacOS having
problems.

--------------------------------------
Date: 2/7/96 16:07
To: Tony Rocco
From: grant -at- onyxgfx -dot- com
I've used FM since 2.0 days, and MSWord since v1.0.
The major problems I've had with FM have been OS problems, not bad
coding on Frame's part.
That said, there are indeed some features that I would love to have
from MSWord in FM. Specifically:
- better OLE implementation
- paragraph sorting.
- para boxing as an attribute
- annotation
- built-in grammar checking
- forms support

I use FM for 80% of my doc work (the rest is:
10% MSWord, 5%Notepad/DOS Edit, and 5% other (Quark/Illustrator etc.)

Grant

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer, Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com
#include <std_disclaim>

"But, Eeyore," said Pooh in distress, "What can we--I mean
how shall we--do you think if we--"
"Yes," said Eeyore. One of those would be just the thing.
Thank you Pooh."
--_The House at Pooh Corner_