Re: Tech writing to MarCom???

Subject: Re: Tech writing to MarCom???
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 01:59:04 -0800

>..and typically, you will be asked to stretch the truth up to
>literally lying about your product.

I think this is an altogether too cynical view of technical marketing.
Depending on what you count, I spent about six years doing technical
marketing for three different semiconductor manufacturers.

Those years were far from the happiest part of my career, but nobody ever
asked me to stretch the truth about anything.

Like any other form of technical communication, technical marketing depends
on knowing the audience and knowing the facts. And in the best organizations
the technical marketing people play a major role in product planning and
development. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro