Re: First TW Interview (Deborah Wescott)

Subject: Re: First TW Interview (Deborah Wescott)
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:32:00 PST

Deborah Wescott asked:

"1. Would you people consider giving me some pointers for handling the
interview? or some specific questions to ask?..."

Without knowing your specific background, interests, or skills, I'd just
recommend that you concentrate on your researching and language skills, your
eagerness to learn, your team-building experiences, etc.

Other pointers? Remove all abnormal ear, nose, eyelid, tongue, and cheek
piercing jewelry, do some research about the firm and use it, smile a lot,
and don't ask about money or level of authority. Don't talk about your
boyfriend's rock band, do wear sensible clothes, and don't talk too much.
Show a commitment to the company, the industry, and the profession. Ask
about training opportunities, recent changes in the tool set you'll be
using, length of a product's life cycle.

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com
- Endeavor to persevere