Re: WinHelp structure comes first?

Subject: Re: WinHelp structure comes first?
From: "Thomas E. Potter" <TPotter243 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 20:26:47 -0500

In a message dated 96-01-08 01:57:19 EST, winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM (Win Day)
writes:

>I can't speak specifically about WinHelp projects, having never done one.
>But I'm a firm believer in planning EVERY project, in as much detail as
>possible, and in updating the plan as often as necessary.

This is some of the best advice I've seen on this board. Unfortunately, many
companies hand you a contract, give you 15 minutes, and expect to see pages
coming off the printer. I was handed a $250,000 government contract one
afternoon and criticized the next morning before 10 a.m. for not having
writers working on it. Hell, I was still trying to decipher the 100 page
government contract. But truly, and unfortunately, most writers start the
activity before they know what they should be doing.

Tom Potter
Houston, TX
TPotter243 -at- aol -dot- com