Ads on the Net

Subject: Ads on the Net
From: "Martin A. Gregor" <MPgregor -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 03:44:37 -0500

Hello everybody!
While surfing on the Net I found the following ads. I am new to this and do
not know whether it is appropriate thing to do - forgive me if I sinned. Let
me know.

Martin Gregor
Slovak and Czech Translation Services
Tel.: 301-656-4522
Fax: 301-657-1868
E-mail:
mpgregor -at- aol -dot- com
103131 -dot- 475 -at- compuserve -dot- com
home page: http://home.aol.com/mpgregor

**Sr. Technical Writer
We are currently looking for writers with 5+ years
experience with 3+ years of writing system administration-level client
server/RDBMS documentation. Qualified applicants should have BA or
equivalent
and a proven ability to develop manuals from product specifications,
individual
research, and interviews. Also requires ability to work independently
on
multiple projects and meet deadlines. Experience with FrameMaker
desired.

The salary range for this position is $55,000 - 65,000 with stock

**************
SEND RESUME:
Brian Phillips
408-297-3067 Fax # 408-297-1767
Emerson Brooks
1030 E. El Camino Real #228
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
E-Mail-Ebrooks -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com

*******
Position: Technical Writer
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 (When Direct)
Duration: Contract to Direct
Location: Chatsworth, CA.

General: Looking for a Technical Writer with skills in MS Word and
CorelDraw. Candidate must be able to work indepenently with no staff
support. Will be Writing Editing and Composing a training manual.
Please reference JOB #3669 in your response.

Please forward your resume to:

Phone: (800) 842-0541
Fax: (800) 457-3641
E-Mail: MTSCA -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com

***We have up to 400 other jobs open for your consideration, PLEASE forward
yor resume!!

*** Manpower Technical Services is an EOE/ADA

***ALL RESUMES ARE HELD IN COMPLETE CONFIDENCE. ***
***RESUMES ARE NEVER SENT TO A CLIENT UNLESS WE ***
***HAVE TALKED TO YOU AND HAVE YOUR EXPRESS ***
***PERMISSION TO SEND THE RESUME TO OUR CLIENT. ***

GENERAL NOTE: It is requested that ONLY candidates in
the particular geographical area respond to the posted
job. Although we do appreciate responses from all, our
clients do not pay for relocation unless noted. Thank You
for your cooperation.
***************************
Gupta Corporation, Inc. provides application development and
deployment software to organizations building large-scale
client/server applications. Headquartered in Menlo Park, Calif., Gupta
employs 400 people in 26 offices worldwide, including the United
States, Europe, Asia, and Australia. More than 1 million copies of
Gupta software are installed in Fortune 1000 companies, large
government agencies, and educational institutions. Gupta is a leader
in the business application development and deployment software
market, a segment currently estimated at $4 billion. Drawing on more
than a decade of experience, the company stands as the only
independent client/server provider. Its suite of best-of-breed
products are optimized for development of large-scale applications
that access multiple databases.

**** VISIT GUPTA'S HOMEPAGE ON THE WEB http://www.gupta.com ****

POSITION: Technical Writer

Background:
As a member of our Technical writing staff you will reasearch, write
and edit manuals for SQLBase, Gupta's relational database product. You
will also produce project proposals, documentation plans, and work
schedules. Interface with developers, QA, and technical support staff
and technical marketing staff to produce documentation (manual and
online help.)

Skills/Education:
Bachelors degree or equivalent
3-5+ years technical writing experience producing software
documentation
Familiarity with writing tools such as Frame, Interleaf, etc.
Familiarity with online help system design and development

Familiarty with relational databases, SQL, programming languages (e.g
C, C++)

We offer one of the best compensation packages in our industry and a
comprehensive array of benefits. We support workforce diversity.
EOE/AA.

CONTACT:
Howard J. Corley
Gupta Corporation, Inc.
C/O HRG
7 Mt. Lassen Dr., Suite C-250
San Rafael, CA 94903
FAX: 415-491-6433
email jobs -at- hrg -dot- win -dot- net or hcorley -at- gupta -dot- com
*******
Immediate need for technical writer to perform following tasks:
*Solicit information from defined focal points, and incorporate into
a working draft document
* Distribute drafts to focal points for review/critique/changes
* Participate in work sessions to discuss document and
record changes
* Make recommendations on document structure and implement.

This is a short term contract lasting through the middle of January,
1996, with a possbility of extension.

Reference JOB#NY-520

If interested, please respond with resume by mail, e-mail, or FAX to:

Process Control Consultants, Inc.
3600 Broadway
Boulder, Colorado 80304-1546

FAX: (303)442-5279
E-Mail: pcci -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com