Recruiting Technical Communicators

Subject: Recruiting Technical Communicators
From: moorej <moorej -at- NANDO -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 22:31:37 -0500

Hello! I am a student in the M.S. Program in Technical
Communication at NC State University. I am writing an article on
recruiting technical communicators and would greatly appreciate it if
readers of the list would share their real-life experiences in the
following 2 situations.

1. If you have recently hired a technical communicator, what resources
did you use to publicize the job opening? Which methods worked best for
you and what were the pros and cons of the methods you tried.

2. If you have recently changed jobs within the field of technical
communication, where did you look to find job openings? Information about
specific online resources would be especially interesting to me.

Please respond to the list or to me directly at moorej -at- nando -dot- net
If there is sufficient interest, I will summarize responses for the list.

Thank you,

Jennifer Moore