The color of text & on-screen readability

Subject: The color of text & on-screen readability
From: MJ Fitzgibbons <MJFITZG -at- WAYNEST1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:34:13 EST

My two-page B&W monitor, which served me well for the last five years,
was recently upgraded to color (YEA!).

However, the program I use for reading my e-mail, was set up with a black
background and blue letters. I remember reading somewhere that blue letters
were the hardest to read/see. And, I'm finding that to be the case.

So, I've been playing around with the color of the letters. They now are
hot pink. I don't think this is any better than the blue letters.

Well, I figured that technical writers would be *in tune* with such a
readability factor.

What do *you* recommend? Should I also consider changing the black background?

I thank you, and my eyes thank you.

mary jean

Mary Jean Fitzgibbons | Wayne State University
Information Officer II | Computing & Information Technology (C&IT)
(and Newsletter Editor) | Planning and Support Services (PaSS) Dept.
PHONE: 313-577-3614 | 5950 Cass Ave.-327 Admin.Services Bldg. #2
FAX: 313-577-8787 | Detroit, MI 48202
BITNET: MJFITZG -at- WAYNEST1 -dot- BITNET
Internet: mjfitzg -at- cms -dot- cc -dot- wayne -dot- edu