Re: Unskilled Tech Writing Managers

Subject: Re: Unskilled Tech Writing Managers
From: Ian Macdonald <imacd -at- PC -dot- JARING -dot- MY>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 14:32:17 +0800

>>Jon,
>>
>>If you are managing publishing services, I would appreciate a dollar figure
>>(per hour) that you place on your perceived value for these services:
>>* writing
>>* editing
>>* production
>>* conversion between applications (e.g., Pagemaker, Word, Framemaker)
>>* conversion between platforms (e.g., MAC-Windows)
>>* translation
>>* Other (please specify)

There are many factors that go into pricing a job - if you have a particular
contact that you would like to discuss maybe someone can help you and
discuss the details in a private forum.

SORRY - I don't publish my pricing (or percieved value) in public forums.

Good luck...
Ian Macdonald * Technical writing
24C Jalan Ampang Hilir * On-line help systems
55000, Kuala Lumpur * Web page design
Malaysia * Desktop publishing
* Database design and publishing
Voice: (03) 452 7553
Fax: (03) 453 2910 Email: imacd -at- pc -dot- jaring -dot- my