Re: Developing Online Help for Windows by Boggan

Subject: Re: Developing Online Help for Windows by Boggan
From: Gregory Keith <GKeith -at- DELRINA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 09:39:00 PDT

>Hi, many of you recommended Developing Online Help for Windows by Scot
>Boggan as the best source in hardcopy for creating help files. My bookstore
who >goes through a major northeast distributor can't get the book. Are any
of you in
>the Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Maine area? Where did you get the book or
>what bookstore would you recommend?
>Thanks! - Suzanne

While I can't recommend a bookstore, I can say that DOLH is back in print
and available through Int'l Thomson in the US and Nelson in Canada. I talked
to both of them about 3 months ago and they assured me that there was no
problem getting copies; I don't know if this has changed. Details:

Developing On-Line Help for Windows, by Scott Boggan, David Farkas, and Joe
Wellinske. (International Thomson Press, 2nd printing 1995). ISBN
1-85032-219-8. $39.95 US. (Contact (US) Int+l Thomson Press at
1-800-842-3636 or (Can) Nelson Canada at 1-800-268-2222. Contact David
Farkas at farkas -at- u -dot- washington -dot- edu -dot- )

Greg

Gregory Keith
Technical Writer
Symantec/Delrina Canada