DOS help files

Subject: DOS help files
From: Kevin Harper <kevinh -at- DEV -dot- TIVOLI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 17:14:53 CDT

My company, which has always created products for the
various UNIX operating systems, is starting to port these
products to the various flavors of Windows. We generally know
how to produce helps for Windows, but we also have to convert
our man pages (which are written in troff) to a format
that can be used with the DOS help command.

Also, perhaps I don't have a variable properly set, but when
I type "help dir" from anywhere but the \DOS directory on a
Windows NT machine, I get ugly, flat-ASCII text. If I type
the same command from the \DOS directory, the help has more
of a graphical user interface. Am I going to have to worry
about maintaining the two types of formatting?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Harper
Technical Writer