Re[2]: <No subject given>

Subject: Re[2]: <No subject given>
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 11:33:00 -0600

>Simple sells. Just ask Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

I looked at my calendar, and it isn't April Fools' Day. I've been
watching very carefully, and the trend toward idiot-simplicity has
not really materialized in the last 20 years.

I have to agree with Robert. If simple sells, explain the success of Windows.
The success of Microsoft has been built on making things increasingly more
complex.

Perhaps there's an illusion at work here. If you make it simple, and at the same
time make it appear simple, then it won't sell. On the other hand, if you can
make it appear more complex than it is, you'll make a fortune, regardless of the
simplicity (or lack of it) of your product.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124