Re: Restricting Access to TECHWR-L

Subject: Re: Restricting Access to TECHWR-L
From: David Fisher <DAF -dot- DSKPO27B -at- DSKS62 -dot- ITG -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 12:32:48 CDT

<snip>
I'm looking for opinions on this. It will probably fix an irritating
problem, but will potentially cause different ones. If you have an
issue to discuss about this, please post to the list. If it's just a
simply Restrict/Do not restrict opinion, please send to me off-line.

BTW, interestingly, I found the anon postings about list-relevant topics
more objectionable than the spam. Spam I delete, but the other ones
really bother me.
<snip>

My preference is to leave the list open. I have been on the list for several
months now and have only seen a few (comparatively) posts that would be stopped
by the change that were particularly annoying.(spams for example) Having an
open list has allowed several people to join the group (how do I subscribe?)
and gives those with multiple service providers to send from their various
locations.

If a message is annoying, I have a delete key. The bandwidth they take up is
minor compared to the total volume of the list. Finally, restricting the list
just somehow feels wrong.

My $0.02.

David Fisher
dfisher2 -at- ti -dot- com