Re: Justified vs. ragged right text

Subject: Re: Justified vs. ragged right text
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 07:14:21 MST

Also, a justified BLOCK of text looks just like that: a block. A
big gray block on a sheet of white paper. Think of being stopped
in your tracks by a brick wall. Now think of that solid block of
justified text as a wall.

Ragged right text is much more inviting to read. It appears
airier (is that a word?) and less regimental. Plus, as someone
else pointed out, it helps prevent the rivers of white space
often associated with justified text.

(You know, I didn't plan it this way--honest--but I just noticed
that my first paragraph, which discusses justified text, came
out justified! And the next paragraph, which discusses ragged
right text, came out ragged right. Spooky, huh?)

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=