Re: Subscribers Only debate

Subject: Re: Subscribers Only debate
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 14:00:31 MST

I won't mind if the list restricts posting to subscribers only.
I see a lot more "how do I unsubscribe" requests than I do "how
do I subscribe" requests.

The most effective way I've seen of attracting new subscribers
is by word of mouth (or word of keyboard!) Early this morning I
mentioned techwr-l in a post to another list I subscribe to--so
far from that one post I've sent subscribe instructions to four
people who contacted me with specific interest in subscribing.
(If any of you are reading this, Welcome!)

I read usenet newsgroups and sometimes the topic of tech writing
comes up there. I've sent subscription instructions for techwr-l
to at least three people in the last month, all via newsgroup
contacts.

Surely, I'm not the only techwhirler "promoting" our wonderful
list in this manner?

(BTW, the *other* list I subscribe to is copyediting-l. It and
found!)

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=