Re: Importing Word 6.0 fi

Subject: Re: Importing Word 6.0 fi
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 14:17:00 -0500

DS>On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Joe Fockler wrote:

DS>> Does anyone know of a way to import a Word 6.0 file into FrameMaker
DS>> 4? I have Frame 4 for UNIX and Frame 4.02 (windoze) versions.

DS>Output the file from Word 6.o in RTF format. It should import into
DS>Frame with no problems as RTF is a "universal" format. This has
DS>worked for me.

You can also save the file as a Word 2.0 document from Word and then
import it. I've have mixed results with Word 2.0 and RTF - sometimes one
works better than the other (and sometimes neither one works well). RTF
seems to be a little more reliable, although font, header, and footer
information gave me trouble in one document (it caused Frame to crash
when I tried to save; deleted the information before I saved and I
didn't have any more problems).

DS>> I obtained the Word 6 (Windows) filter from Frame's ftp site, but
DS>> I'm not sure if I can get it to work with Frame 4.02. Does anyone
DS>> know how to make this work?
DS>>
DS>> Is there a list out there that I can seek advice from?

There's a Framemaker list. Hopefully someone here can supply
subscription information. (I read it off a BBS).

Barb

~ CMPQwk 1.42-R2 9107 ~"Modem" said the gardener when he'd finished the lawns

|_|_| PC-Ohio PCBoard OLS pcohio.com HST 16.8: 216-381-3320
|_|_| The Best BBS in America Cleveland, OH V34 28.8: 216-691-3030