Re: Platform Survey Results

Subject: Re: Platform Survey Results
From: Elna Tymes <Etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM/>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 18:25:01 GMT

"PROF. JAMES LENZE, LENZE -at- LTU -dot- EDU, (810) 204-3658" <LENZE -at- ltu -dot- edu> wrote:

>Conclusion

>To work with a variety of clients it would seem logical to invest in a multiple
>platform environment.

Thank you for validating our own conclusion - when you're in a
multi-project, multi-client environment, as we are, it pays to adopt a
"one of everything" attitude toward hardware. That's what we did in
setting up our lab.

However, the implications of doing so mean that you get intimately
familiar with the network issues involved in setting up a mixed
environment -- and let me tell you, THOSE can get frustrating and
expensive!

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems